Biblical and medieval figures
From 2020 to 2022, I produced a collection of dreamlike stories, in the style of Dada and surrealist poets. Each was associated with a mythological or legendary character, which I then illustrated.
- Bernard of Clairvaux is a Burgundian monk, reformer of Catholic religious life, he seeks the love of Christ through the harshest mortification.
- Charlemagne, king of the Franks and emperor, born around 742 and died in 814.
- John the Baptist is a major figure in Christianity and a prophet of Islam, he is a contemporary preacher of Christ.
- Jonah is a prophet of the three Abrahamic religions of Judaism, Christianity and Islam.
- Louis IX was a king of France born in 1214 and died in 1270. Considered a saint during his lifetime, he was canonized by the Catholic Church in 1297.
- Nimrod is, in the Bible, the first hero after the Flood, founder of the first kingdom and several cities in Mesopotamia including Babel.